Rause College Consulting provides comprehensive guidance to students. Services provided include the following:
Academic and Testing Advising
- Advisement on high school course selection.
- Discussion of student’s standardized testing plan.
College Search Process
- Build a college list focused on the best fit for the student, as well as balance in terms of admission probability.
- Student assessments including academic, personal and extracurricular interests in order to determine best-fit colleges.
- Do What You Are. An online personality assessment including preferences for learning and elements for a satisfying college experience and career.
- What to expect at college fairs, questions to ask and how to utilize your time wisely.
- Preparation for college visits and how to make your visits productive.
College Admissions Services
- Case study workshop (review mock applications) to better understand how college admission decisions are made and the factors considered.
- Create a resume for the college admissions and scholarship process.
- An understanding of how to network with admission counselors and demonstrate interest.
- Admission and scholarship interview preparation by providing mock interviewing and tips for a successful interview.
- Organization and timeline of applications, including deadlines and school specific requirements.
- Step-by-step instruction for how to complete the Common Application. Additional guidance provided, as needed, for completing additional college applications including the Coalition Application, Universal Application and institution-specific applications.
- Letters of recommendation- An understanding of what is needed for the college admission process and who are the best individuals to ask to write a letter of recommendation.
- Standardized testing- Understanding of the various testing policies you’ll find at colleges and universities such as superscoring, test-optional and colleges that require all scores to be submitted.
- Assistance on the appropriate application method for applying including early action, early decision, regular decision or rolling admission.
- Provide an overview of the purpose of the college essay.
- Tips for writing a great college essay and how to answer the supplemental essay questions.
- Essay brainstorming activities.
- Review and feedback of all essays, including supplemental essays.
- Guidance on any deferral and waitlist decisions.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Scholarship search recommendations.
- Provide information to navigate the financial aid process.
- Review and evaluation of financial aid and/or scholarship awards.
Each student has their own unique goals and needs. Therefore, Rause College Consulting will make adjustments to these services based on each individual student. Examples include athletic recruitment, fine arts portfolios, honors college applications, etc.
All students working with Rause College Consulting will receive a subscription to CollegePlannerPro, an online college-planning program.
All one-on-one meetings are conducted at the student’s home or local coffee shop.
Contact Jen today for an initial consultation.